Tuesday 12 July 2011

The Tuesday in the Week I Give Everything Up

Day 2 has not been without its charm, but compared to my first day of what some have dubbed as "crazy" it was a so-called piece of cake.


Lentil cake, that is.Well, lentil chips, really. I guess some reluctant health food nut finally had enough of the hemp ice cream and wheat grass smoothies and decided it was time to invent something a little bit more like the food they once loved. Anyway, I bought a bag of dill flavoured lentil chips this afternoon even though it's not like I gave up chips, popcorn, and their ilk. But it's not like it makes a hell of a lot of sense to eradicate moo juice and Shreddies from my diet this week but it's cool to eat Doritos.

I digress! Today went off without a hitch. The only thing was that I kept forgetting what I had told myself not to eat -- I wonder if my brain bits require some sort of sweetener to keep them working? Right?

Little Jimi must be catching on. He tried to cram his milk-filled sippy cup in my face after dinner with an impish grin on his little mug. As if, kid! Take your would-be generosity elsewhere. I'm doing an experiment.

Anyway...as for no TV, I had to keep my back turned while Alex watched Wings of War or Hitler's Bodyguard or whatever it was that was on again, and last night I passed the time with a kettlebell workout followed by reading. Good times!

I can't say I in any way feel different yet, but two days in and I'm inpatiently waiting for next Monday.
Any suggestions as to what I should try to go without next week?
See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment